Chad and I met while he was serving his mission in Carlsbad, CA. He served in my ward for 3 months, and I had a tiny bit of a crush on him. Being the good missionary he was, he didn't really know that I existed, so this part of our story ends there. After his mission, he came back down to visit the area with his mom and his sister and FORTUNATELY he came to visit our house too! My mom loved this "Elder Bennett" and insisted that while she was driving me up to college (for the first time, I had just graduated), we should stop and take him out to lunch. I was pretty much head over heels for this missionary, and when communicating with my soon-to-be roommate Jacie Bowen, I even told her I was going to marry him.
Lucky for me, en route to my first-year college experience, my mom and I stopped in Las Vegas and took this "Elder Bennett" out to breakfast at the Red Rock Casino. He then had my phone number and text messaged me the first week of college. I probably looked so silly to everyone else because every time I got a text message from him, I pretty much spazzed out. We made plans for the weekend he would be driving up to BYU-ID, and went on our first date to Cafe Rio. We kept dating (long-distance) and were fortunate enough to see each other almost every weekend. We fell in love and five months later (February 5th, 2008), Chad proposed up at Sundance overlooking the resort. I still don't know how I got so lucky to marry such an amazing man...
1 comment:
Alyse I love that you're trying this whole blogging thing and I'm looking forward to some pictures! Its fun to hear your side of the "how we met" story!
Post a Comment