
Every year the Myer family embarks on a Myer family ski trip. Most years (all years until now), we have gone to Mammoth Mountain in California with other family friends. This year, however, Chad and I really couldn't get the time off of work or school and the Boud's daughter Natalie is also up at BYU. Fortunately for us, our families love us and wanted us to be able to go skiing anyway so the trip was planned for Park City! My family arrived on Wednesday in Provo and I was so excited to see them! They skied on Thursday and Friday (Chad had work off and got to go and ski with them while I had class/work on Thursday and Friday) and then I met up with them on Friday night with Jacie and Shane.
My parents rented an awesome cabin in Heber that was out in the middle of nowhere and we stayed there the entire weekend. There wasn't even cell phone service or the internet, talk about isolation! On Saturday, Chad and I went skiing in the morning and then we went sledding in the afternoon.


This is the sledding hill we constructed right outside the house... You would be suprised how fast that black innertube could fly down that slope and then continue on down the length of the driveway. It was fun all the way up until Chad and I went down the hill together, Chad was thrown off, the tube veered out of control, and I hit our Yukon with the back of my head!





The other fun thing we did on this trip that we've never done before is renting snowmobiles. Jacie and Shane were with us early Saturday morning when we decided to try them out, and it's a good thing they were! Shane is from Utah and therefore has had quite a bit of experience with snowmobiling and how to dig yourself out when you get stuck or fall over. We started of on a well-ridden trail off by the cabin when it started to turn into a narrow track through deep powder. Naturally, we continued on to explore the area and prove just how courageous we were. Before long Chad and I became stuck when we went too slow around a turn, and we all had to work to dig out the snowmobile!
Before leaving the cabin...

Making the decision to go out in the wilderness.

Jacie and I being really helpful and taking pictures while the boys tried to dig out the snowmobile.

Look at our 2 strong boys!

In the evenings, we spent the time just hanging out in the cabin, playing games or pool in the basement, making yummy dinners, occasionally doing homework, and just enjoying each other's company by the roaring fire.

Jacie and Shaners

Chad and I... I just love this boy!

My mom, pseudo-mom, and my little sister...

Some things about this trip just cannot be explained... for example, why Luke thought his ski clothes were, in fact, a ninja outfit!

The Utah boy (Shane).

My little sister McKenna with some crazy eyes!

After an awesome weekend that ended far too quickly, I was sad to say goodbye to my family. You never realize how much you miss and love them until you live in another state. Hopefully I will get to see them again soon and next President' s Day weekend we will get to go skiing again. Anyways, the moral of the story is that my family is pretty much awesome and I love them.
This is how sad and upset they were when they found out we were leaving... or after traveling back down the mountain to take chad and I to our car with the car so full and loaded down we could barely breathe. gotta love 'em.
2 comments:
haha! i love it :) such a fun weekend and shane and i were only there one night! I dont have these pictures btw... so i need to get them. daww i love your family!
is my brother getting stronger?? that picture of you guys and jacie and shane his arms look big! wow bro!
Post a Comment