Quick history lesson, the Provo Tabernacle was built in 1883 and took 15 years to complete at a cost of $100,000. Twice during its life, it was condemned due to a sagging roof, however was repaired and put into use once again. It was a building of historic significance to the city of Provo as well as a very functional facility. The building was used for church meetings and performances. Since we've lived in Provo, we've even had a couple of stake conferences there. Its a very significant loss for the community and I was sad to see this beautiful building destroyed.
Sunday, December 19, 2010
R.I.P. Provo Tabenacle
Quick history lesson, the Provo Tabernacle was built in 1883 and took 15 years to complete at a cost of $100,000. Twice during its life, it was condemned due to a sagging roof, however was repaired and put into use once again. It was a building of historic significance to the city of Provo as well as a very functional facility. The building was used for church meetings and performances. Since we've lived in Provo, we've even had a couple of stake conferences there. Its a very significant loss for the community and I was sad to see this beautiful building destroyed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I cried that morning. How sad...I loved that building.
It's crazy how much of an emotional attachment we all had to the tabernable. So sad!
Post a Comment