Monday, December 19, 2011

31 Weeks

Only 9 weeks to go and I can hardly believe it! Here are some of the updates at the 31 week mark:
  • I've started to get used to almost a constant back ache, I'll be excited when I can actually sit for extended periods of time without feeling incredibly sore and uncomfortable.
  • Gestational Diabetes- continuing to monitor my blood sugar about 5 times a day to make sure that it always stays within a normal range. So far, my attempts at self-management have been highly successful. However, this success comes at the cost of cutting out most dessert/candy and limiting my intake of carbs... most specifically bread! My daily diet consists of a regimen of carb intake being limited and spread out throughout the day so as to maintain a more stable level. It's actually not been too bad, I mean it's really not going to kill me to limit my intake of unnecessary desserts & things.
  • Baby boy is extremely active, I feel him move multiple times throughout the day including when he has hiccups, one of my favorite things. Even Chad can feel him when he's moving around and sometimes when he's feeling particularly joyful, we can watch my belly move around. It's kind of crazy.
  • I'm beginning to become acquainted with the inside of my belly button, it's starting to make its appearance to the outside world.
  • We still haven't totally settled on a name and apparently subconsciously I'm starting to be concerned about it- the last couple of nights I've had a few nightmares about not being able to choose a name.
  • Last week we bought sour cream at the grocery store that expires the day after little man's due date. By the time our dairy expires, he should be here (hopefully)!
  • Sometimes I feel like a whale, especially when trying to get up after laying down. I may or may not have to kind of roll out of bed in order to make myself get up.
  • We've finally decided on the BOB for our stroller of choice and now we just need to order it. We will also be purchasing a Chicco car seat in the next week or two. Two items down on the list of things I would like to have all figured out before little man gets here.
  • Everyday that goes by, the reality of this little man gets closer and closer. It's still hard to believe that we will actually be able to hold him and call him ours in just 2 months!
Side thought: I have the best husband in the whole world. I absolutely hate mopping the floors, it's one of my least favorite household chores. I have never mopped the floor in the 3 1/2 years we've been married, Chad always does it. So here he is, mopping the floors next to our wonderful Christmas tree. I just love him for it. Plus, he's done such a good job taking care of me when my back aches or I start to feel anxious about the baby actually coming... he's a keeper.

No comments: