Tuesday, April 23, 2013
a kitchen full of people
I've learned a lot of things from my mother. Things like how to sew in a straight line and where's the best place to shop for bras. She taught me patience, what it means to work hard, and how important it is to make sacrifices for the ones you love. She taught me how to make a mean chocolate cake while also juggling the crazy schedules of all us kids and my dad. She taught me to pursue the things I love and not be afraid to try something new. So many lessons everyday, every week, every year that I was under her roof. If only I would have appreciated all the things she taught me while I was there, in the moment... kids.
One other thing she taught me: people are what matter. It's because of her that I'm a people person. She also taught me that it doesn't hurt to feed all those people in your life... it's a sign of love. One of my favorite things in the entire world is having a kitchen full of people that I love, all enjoying good food and one another's company. Literally, my favorite thing. If I can have my kitchen full of forever friends and good food, I don't know what else I will ever need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
i will be in your kitchen eating your food whenever you need me. :)
Post a Comment