My little sister Riley Jane is officially now, Hermana Myer. That's right. She reported to the MTC 2 weeks ago and will be serving a mission in Richmond, VA. Since she is also learning Spanish, she has 4 more weeks until she leaves the MTC and heads to the east coast. I couldn't be more proud of her and her decision to serve a mission. 18 months is a long time to drop everything and dedicate your entire life, every waking minute toward serving our Heavenly Father. She is going to be a great missionary and will change people's lives. I have no doubt about that.
Luckily, since the MTC happens to be approximately 3/4 of a mile from our house, we got to hang out with her the day before she reported. Tuesday night we had a gathering (of course... we love to have parties) with some family and friends. It was great to just be able to spend time together and live up having Riley around. She is just about one of the funniest people I know, so it was a great time had by all. We love her so much and are so proud of her!
For anyone who wants to follow along with her journey/get updates about the happenings of her mission trip, I will be updating her mission blog every week:
http://sendinglovefromvirginia.blogspot.com/
Alright, now time for some pictures.
We love you Hermana Myer. See ya in 18 months!


































No comments:
Post a Comment