Sunday, September 15, 2013

Zoo Day



I don't know how much I've said about Chad's job situation on the blog, but to sum it up Chad is starting a new job tomorrow! He had accepted an offer with one company and then last minute accepted a job with a different company, this one in Salt Lake. As of tomorrow, he will officially be a corporate sales development representative with a company called Workday. We could not be more excited!! So, because he accepted the second offer, he ended up having 2 weeks off of just play time. Ryder man has been in heaven. Seriously, the kid is Dad-obsessed. I'm actually a little bit worried about tomorrow when all of a sudden Ryder man and I are back to our normal routine. I guess we'll see how it goes!

In the meantime, we've had ourselves a little "staycation" and done all sorts of things to take advantage of all the Dad time we've been having. So last week we made a little trip up to Hogle Zoo all together as a family and we had a blast. Apparently when you go to the zoo during the middle of the week after the school year has started, you get the zoo almost entirely to yourself. It was awesome.

In the first 8 minutes we were there, Ryder successfully got his foot hooked under the bar at the elephant enclosure, kicked off his slip-on sneaker, and had his shoe plop right in trees below. We then had to grab a zoo employee to jump the fence and save it for us.





This series of photos is my favorite... he LOVED the carousel and did not want to get off. The next 3 photos are "more", "again", and "please".



A successful zoo day if I do say so myself.

No comments: