Thursday, March 27, 2014
Moving.
Moving, in general, is not one of my favorite activities. It's a good thing we had so many friends and family members who were willing to lend a hand! It definitely made for a very fun and quick moving day. My parents came up the day before and we spent that night finishing up some last minute packing and enjoying having family around. Ryder did his best to pitch in, he ate ice cream out of the carton for dinner the night before (we had to get rid of that ice cream some how). Papa, of course, had to join him.
Ryder's favorite part was definitely the moving truck. He could not get enough of it... running in the back while it was empty or sitting up in the driver's seat. He was one happy kid! Then, as 9:00 am rolled around on moving day, so did our friends and in a little than an hour we had the truck loaded up and ready to go. That, my friends, is what I like to call a success! Not to mention that the apartment was squeaky clean. Our friends are gems. I am embarrassed to say that I did not pick up or load a single box in the entire process. Turns out that moving when you're 7 months pregnant is also not the best idea in the entire world. It makes you pretty unhelpful.
I finished up a few things at our old place and by the time I got over to the house, the truck was mostly unpacked. After a morning of moving, we all headed to In-N-Out for some lunch. The perfect way to celebrate having all our stuff in our brand new house! I only wish unpacking could go as smoothly as the actual "moving" part. Almost a month here and we are getting close to emptying the last box. Not there yet, but not far off. I hope I never see another cardboard box. Done and done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























No comments:
Post a Comment