Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I"m shocked when I remember, "oh yeah, I've got 2 kids." The transition has been interesting, to say the least. Sometimes I feel like it takes every minute of every day of my 100% constant attention just to survive. Somebody always needs me, and frequently they both need me.
Then, there will be a day when the stars align and they both end up napping at the same time and I have an hour or so to do something normal. To take a nap. To make something for dinner that is more than just paninis or omelets (our 2 go-to meals). To clean the kitchen or do a load of laundry. To sit down and blog. Then I remember, this is how it used to be. Back when Ryder's 2-3 hour nap time was my free time and I used to be semi-productive during the day. I will get there again, but today is not that day and probably not tomorrow either. Because now I have 2 littles who depend on me for everything and that is just fine. That is where I am right now.
Its been all about redefining what "productive" means. If we can all get ready for the day and do one thing, that's a good day. Anything else on top of that is just frosting.
There have been a few things that have helped me keep my sanity... things I don't know what I would do without.
- Chad is such a good, hands-on daddy. When he comes home from work, he is all about jumping right into the chaos and even sending me out the door for some alone time. That man is a keeper.
- Almost every day, we take the double BOB out on a run/walk. I like to say we're "rocking" it. We hit up the park and/or go around the lake. It's a necessary part of both mine and Ryder's day.
- Listening to conference talks and/or scriptures on my phone. Love that LDS app. I made a goal to listen to at least 1 talk a day and even when I'm only half listening because I'm trying to avoid some sort of catastrophe or attend to a little's need, I still feel better and at peace afterwards.
So, I'm figuring it out. It's a change, and as I'm starting to go back to work, there's more to come. But, we're making it and every day, things get a little more routine, a little better. Motherhood is quite the journey.










No comments:
Post a Comment