We finally got to go and see the Body Worlds exhibit in SLC!!! Since I have been taking anatomy this semester and learning everything there is to know about the human body, I've been wanting to go up and see this legendary plastination exhibit. A weekend or so ago, we finally got the chance. It was a double date with one of Chad's friends from work and his fiance who is also taking anatomy this semester! I will be completely honest in saying that it is probably the most interesting thing I have ever seen!For those of you who have never heard of Body Worlds before, it is an exhibit of the human body where the bodies have been dissected and preserved through a hardening process. It allows every-day people to see what things look like underneath our skin. However, I think my favorite part was getting to see all of the abnormalities in some of their specimens. They had a dissection of a back with severe scoliosis, an enlarged heart, lungs with emphysema from cigarette smoking, and everything in between. It really makes you appreciate your body and all of the intricate mechanics that help our bodies survive. It was an amazing experience and I would definately recommend it to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment