Thursday, August 20, 2009

More yummy food!

I know I just did a post about delicious food, but we've (I've) been trying a couple more new recipes that were definite winners, and I want to share them with you!

Basic Crepes filled with peaches and topped with home-made whipped cream.
A soft-taco spread. I made a sweet-chicken recipe (a mock of Bajio's chicken), homemade tortillas (Chad's new favorite), black beans, homemade Mexican rice, and then Corn on the cob.
Corn on the cob with cilantro-lime butter. Mexican Rice.
Plum/Peach Buttermilk cake. It was delicious (especially with the homemade whipped cream), but it kind of fell apart as I was taking it out of the pan. I tried to piece it back together and it didn't look too bad.
Cream of Asparagus Soup. I liked it but Chad wasn't the biggest fan.
Sweet Potato Fries. This is a Bennett family favorite and sooo easy to make. Just cut up sweet potatoes in whatever shape looks good to you, drizzle them with some olive oil & add some salt and pepper and then throw 'em in a 400 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, until you can stick your fork in them and they are tender. Delicious!
Extreme Nachos (leftover Bajio chicken & then some grilled veggies)... this was Chad's idea and it was amazing.
Enchiladas.
Chocolate Bavarian Torte (Chad LOVES this cake... it is sooooo good).
Soft Tacos with cilantro/lime chicken, a mango/bean salsa, on homemade tortillas. Apparently we were going for a Mexican theme in our dinners for the past couple of weeks.

What can I say? I love to cook and we both love to eat!

4 comments:

Bryce & Nicole said...

Alyse! We need to start cooking together. It all looks amazing!

Jacie Saltzman said...

those look like my enchilladas! im glad my recipe made it to your page!! also now i am hungry :/

Willi Nixon said...

WOOOOW this all looks so good! you are probably the best wife i know

Heather and Taylor said...

Oh my word! You are a great wife. All the food looks delicious!