Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pre-Hawaii


Bennett Family vacation 2009: Hawaii. However, before heading to the Aloha state, we got to be in California for a night to spend some time with my family! After being picked up from the airport, Grandma took us to her favorite Japanese restaurant where we all had a very cultural experience. Seriously though, while we were waiting to be seated, I felt like I was in another country what with all of the asian languages being thrown around. Got to love Irvine, CA.

Mom & Dad
Luke using his chopsticks the only way he knows how...
The Vegetable Tempura that I ordered for dinner... it was delicious.
McKenna loved her teriyaki chicken.
Mom had the same thing in mind that I did, that veggie tempura was awesome.
After a quick night's sleep, we were up at 4:30 a.m. to head to LAX for our 7:00 a.m. flight. It actually didn't take us too long to get through security, but it was the beginning of a very long day of flying. Our tickets took us to Dallas/Fortworth where we had an hour to make our way to our next gate (sounds lame, i know, but that airport is huge! It took us 20 minutes to walk to our next gate), and then the 7 1/2 hour flight to Honolulu.
Albeit a long flight, we were so excited about this trip,
to see this place,
we couldn't have been more excited.

More pictures to come...

No comments: