Monday, September 28, 2009

Crazy Life.

It's taken a couple of weeks, but the semester is now in full swing. We now know what each class is going to be like, what reading is absolutely ESSENTIAL, and now Chad and I will each have our first test this week. Things are getting a little CRAZY around here.

Chad is working about 32 hours a week and is taking 9 credits on campus. He is taking Chem 105 (4 credit class that is one of the most failed classes at BYU), PdBio 120, and Hist 202.

I am working 20 hours a week, taking 14 credits on campus, and I have clinicals this semester at IMC in Murray. Although 3 of the 8 credits of my Med/Surg class account for clinical, we have to go to the hospital (in Murray) the day before clinical to pre-assess our patient and complete a 4+ hour assignment the day before and then we have clinical from 6:45 a.m.-5:00 p.m. every thursday. Needless to say, it's a time-sucker.

I know the semester will go by fast, it always seems to fly by, but right now in the "trudging along" phase, I just wish it could fly a little faster. It's a good thing we both like a good challenge and thrive off of being busy, or else we'd be in big trouble. There's just no place in the world like BYU. Even though things are crazy busy and can get kind of stressful, there's no place I'd rather be. It's amazing to be going to school in a place where everyone is living the same standards that I choose to live, where swear words are a rarity, where we get to see the prophet during weekly devotional, and Chad and I are not the only young married couple. Although I don't think we would ever want to live here long-term, Provo is the perfect place for us right here and now and we're loving it.

No comments: