Monday, September 21, 2009

"Life Begins at 75"

Grandpa Myer celebrated his 75th birthday on September 19th and we got to attend his birthday party with a large portion of the Myer side of the family. It's been a long time since I've seen some of these aunts and uncles, plus my parents drove up for the event! It was quite the party. Just look at all 75 of those candles, the 7-layer chocolate cake (Grandpa LOVES chocolate) looks like it could burst into flame at any moment.

Aunts, Uncles, cousins...
He's an entertainer... that's my grandpa!
Mom with 2 of my Friel cousins and new baby Harley. I love these girls, these are my older cousins that I always looked up to growing up.
That's my Chad, volunteering to be in charge of bringing all of the desserts outside. Plus, he looks so gosh darn handsome.

Great Uncle Paul... he's a sucker for baby girls. He's going to be such a good grandpa someday!
Grandpa, Chad, and I.
My cousin Kayla and her son Matthew.
My Dad with all of his brothers and sisters (minus Uncle Mark) and his dad!
Grandpa with his brother who is 81. Don't they look like twinners?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!

While my parents were up visiting, my Dad brought his bike up and we had to take the opportunity to go on an end-of-summer ride. This was the boys "playing bikes" the night before the ride...
We left not-so-bright, but early on Saturday morning (6:30 a.m.) and headed up to one of our favorite places to ride: Timpooneke on the Alpine Loop. It was a beautiful day and the ride was awesome. The only problem was that it had apparently rained the night before because it was THE muddiest ride I have ever been on. At one point, I couldn't even roll downhill anymore because there was so much mud stuck in my tire! Crazy stuff.

After:
These were the bikes after the ride. They don't look anywhere near muddy because we had already picked all of the huge clumps of mud out, but it was caked on there!
Dad with his beloved baby. (I know, it's hard to believe he would let such a beloved possession get so dirty.)
It was an awesome weekend and we were happy that Mom and Dad were able to come up to spend some time with us. We love you Mom and Dad!

No comments: