Thursday, January 21, 2010

NICU

Last week for clinical I had the experience to spend 12 hours in the NICU at UVRMC in Provo. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I still cannot believe how amazing it is that our society has the technology and the capability to keep these tiny, fragile babies alive and growing. The nurse I was assigned to work with was so incredibly compassionate with all of these babies and their families and even let me join in on some of the care. Changing tiny diapers, hanging medications, repositioning, helping with transfers, assessment, listening to their lungs and hearts.... I was awestruck. I really think that I could see myself working in a NICU someday. I love it when I love being at clinical and 12 hours doesn't really feel like any time at all. Nursing school rocks.

4 comments:

James and Shawna said...

What an experience! You're just the kind of nurse the world needs!

Willi Nixon said...

thats so awesome, i'm happy for you!

Goodwin Family said...

You'd be a great NICU nurse!!

Jenna Wilson said...

You would be great in the NICU! When Hunter was born, he had to go straight to the NICU. We had some great nurses to really helps us through the hard times.