Sunday, February 28, 2010

21

I am 21. There 's not much more to say than that. I guess since my Dad told all his friends when we got married that I was 20, in some alternate universe I've been 21 for almost a year now. I had a fantastic birthday: I got my cousin Arah back from Switzerland (see previous post), my mom and brother came to visit, my little cousin Lauren got baptized, and we went skiing as a family. There's no other better way to celebrate a birthday than with family.

Mom & Aunt Julie (Thelma & Louise)
I have no words.
Game playing with the family.
Getting ready for church, Luke loves that fedora.
Brother love.
Kimber, Jason, & Kenzie brought me some beautiful flowers for my birthday:
One of my favorite presents, a portable CD player with a cord to connect it to our ipod speakers. I know, a CD player is a little "behind the times" but my new favorite thing is to listen to books on CD that I've checked out at the library. It's great! I turn a CD on while I'm at home cooking, doing dishes, or cleaning. So far this year I've listened to four books! It's a great way to not feel alone while I'm at home in the evening and not give up leisure reading during the semester. I've been listening to CDs in our computer, but a portable CD player means I can listen with headphones anytime I want, OR hook it up to the speakers. Chad knew just what I wanted.

No comments: