I ran a half marathon on Saturday. It was definitely no easy task, but it was an awesome experience. Unfortunately, all of the pictures of said experience are a little less than awesome becuase turns out, running 13.1 miles is not the most attractive activity. I was a sweaty mess. But I did it and gosh darn it I want to document it.
This picture is quite possible even grosser-looking than the first. Like I said, I was a sweaty mess.
But after surviving the last two miles (the hardest- no longer downhill but flat, the sun was out, and it was the very end) I was very thirsty, shaky, and happy.

I didn't really feel like eating anything, but they did have some HUGE slices of watermelon that hit the spot. I ate two.
It was at this point that I politely asked Chad for a little kiss and he refused saying, "Now I'm not saying you're not attractive, but you're on the lower end of attractive right now." Gee, thanks honey. Love you too.
I finished in 1 hour, 47 minutes, and 29 seconds. My goal was under 2 hours so I was happy! This list said that I placed 18 in the female, aged 19-24 group, but when I checked today it said I was number 16!

It was an amazing experience and I probably be doing one again in the future. Maybe I can even talk Chad into doing it with me!
1 comment:
I think you might be the most driven, motivated, on the ball person I have ever met. You just amaze me!
Post a Comment