Monday, November 15, 2010

ICU clinical at U of U Hospital

I am always amazed at how fast a semester really flies by. It never fails that at the beginning of the semester I'm always a nervous wreck with the question, "How am I going to do it all?" I never know how everything is going to work out, how I'm going to work part-time, go to school full-time (15.5 credits this semester), do clinicals, sleep, exercise, and NOT go crazy. Ever since I've started nursing school, I've been saying that "I probably won't be able to work this semester, the schedule is just too insane", but every semester I've been able to make it happen and now I'm almost done!

This semester I've been studying ICU and Pscyh nursing. To throw another curveball into the mix, I was assigned to the University of Utah Hospital in Salt Lake which is a one hour drive on a good day! I really wasn't all that excited for the semester or to be in ICU (I had heard horror stories about how hard it was), but it doesn't really matter what I was feeling because the semester has to start sometime. Now, looking back on the 8 weeks of clinical I completed at the University of Utah hospital, I am a teensy bit sad that it's over. Don't get me wrong, I'm relieved that I'm not longer driving up to Salt Lake twice a week and I don't have huge clinical assessment assignments, but I really did enjoy my time up there.

Side note: Just because I absolutely fell in love with the University of Utah Hospital, does not mean that I endorse and/or support University of Utah or its football team.

Before I know it, clinical isn't going to be a class anymore, it will be the real thing... I can't wait!

No comments: