At approximately 6:50 a.m. today, I was in my shower minding my own business, reveling in the good workout I'd just had at the gym, and thinking about the wonderfully rainy day ahead when all of a sudden everything went dark. Our power went out and I was quite abruptly in darkness. As you will remember, I was still in the shower.
Realization of the day: I am not a fan of this whole "shower in complete darkness" concept.
For some reason, I felt like I was in some kind of horror film and I was going to get attacked in the shower by some stranger of the night who had cut the lines and broken into our house. Admittedly, my thoughts were a little on the dramatic side. Thankfully, I survived the experience and I was able to get myself dressed, hair done, makeup applied, and lunch made without the use of even a flashlight. New talents I never knew I had.
May your Monday be brighter than mine! Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment