Thursday, July 21, 2011

Timpanogos Caves

This morning we got up early and decided it was time for a hike to Timpanogos Caves. It's been one that we've been wanting to do for a while and it was such a beautiful hike. It's a pretty steep uphill 1 1/2 mile climb to the cave entrance. The canyon is beautiful and the hike is gorgeous.
Tree growing out of a mountain... I thought it was pretty cool.
Chad dubbed this the "Door to Narnia"... it's the entrance to the caves.
Timpanogos Caves are actually 3 caves that are all connected by tunnels. Some of the formations are pretty cool.
We climbed through a fault line! ...It was a pretty tight squeeze.
"Cave Bacon", that's what they call this kind of formation.
I love Chad's day off!

2 comments:

~LMS said...

I've been there! So fun :)

Willi Nixon said...

I still haven't even done the caves but I really want to! This looks amazing.