I'm really starting to feel like the time before our little man arrives is slipping away... just a short 5 weeks before his due date is here! As the time is seemingly flying by, I've also started to feel a lot more anxious to get everything we need together to have a home we can bring him back to. I've got a mental list with about a billion things I want to do/get done, which means I've had some serious organization projects and work stations at various spots throughout the house all week...
This is my favorite little setup... what do you do when your kitchen table is too tall for sewing because you can't reach the presser foot and there's no designated spot for sewing? Set up your ironing board in the living room and call it a day!


Here are just a few of the projects/preparations I've been working on.
1. Changing table- I bought it on KSL and it came with a coordinating changing pad/cover. I love it and love the low price tag!

2. We officially got the car seat out of the box so that it can be put in the car at a moment's notice. Plus I put on the free car seat cover I got through babycenter.com which finally came in the mail!


3. I did multiple loads of laundry and washed all of the baby blankets and clothes up to 6 months size. They are now folded and ready to go!

4. Custom cradle sheets- I bought 2 flat sheets (a white one & a blue/gray striped one) and using
this tutorial from Made, made up 4 fitted sheets that fit the size of our cradle.




5. Paris keys- Riley got me a few vintage keys while she was in Paris and I've been trying to think of a creative way to display them in our baby boy's travel/go-and-do room. I found some simple tan canvas material and just sewed the keys onto the canvas and placed it into a simple black frame. I love it- simple but classic.

That makes 5 less things to do on my lengthy "to do before little man comes" list.
One project at a time...
1 comment:
im in love with those keys!! i cant wait for baby boy! and let me know if theres anything i can get done for u!
Post a Comment