Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My first Quilt

One of my friends, Kelly Brown, made a baby quilt for her baby boy about a year ago that I absolutely loved. I love how geometric it is... lots of straight lines and different shaped rectangles. I used this tutorial, which was quite easy to follow. When I found out we were going to have a boy, I went out and bought the material and made the quilt top within a couple of weeks. I had never bound a quilt before, so I waited for an opportunity to have my mom show me how to do it. When Ryder was born, I still hadn't finished the quilt and as you may have guessed, having a newborn is not exactly ideal for trying to finish any kind of project. So my mom took the quilt home with her and did all the binding for me. I love the way it turned out. And I'm not the only one... Ryder loves it too! It's become his favorite "tummy time" blanket.

No comments: