Friday, August 17, 2012

A sneak peek...

So our 2nd bedroom is kind of an all-purpose room. While half of the space is dedicated to all things Ryder, the other half is taken up by our bunk beds/bikes (we have way too many bikes for any normal people)/ski equipment/everything storage. The rusty red color has never really been my favorite and I just want to make it more of Ryder's room and less of a storage space. I've been wanting to make the room somewhere I actually enjoy being, but it is kind of a big project. Especially with Ryder man around. Plus Chad really doesn't like painting/paying for paint when he thinks the room looks just fine.

Enter in best friend Jacie Saltzman. I texted her on Tuesday to see if she might want to come over for a bit to help me paint on Wednesday. I included a bribery of food in said request... it's the way straight to her heart. Since her last final was Wednesday morning, she said she would be over at noon. She spent almost 9 hours helping me clean/paint this room! 9 HOURS. That is true friendship. So we're still working on a few things, but for the most part the painting is done. Here's a quick sneak peek of the room, as soon as it's all done and the furniture is put back into place, I'll show the finished product!

BEFORE
DURING (Ryder man was such a good sport... he camped out on the floor in his Bumbo and watched more episodes of Blue's Clues than I imagined possible... don't judge.)
It's close to being done... stay tuned!

1 comment:

Jacie Saltzman said...

haha husbands just dont understand! and i just missed you after a long semester, so i stayed all day!! and the food was delicious!! also seeing ryder helps to cement the deal. cant wait to see it all finished!!