Wednesday, January 23, 2013

mommy thoughts


First of all, I've decided that there's really no point is trying to clean up my house. It lasts all of about five minutes and then gets totally messy again. Ryder's favorite past times include taking out all of the pots and pans from the cupboards, removing every farm animal magnet off the fridge, throwing various toys into the trash can which then need to be fished out, and taking every toy out of the toy bucket. So a lot of the day, our house kind of looks like a tornado blew threw. Oh well.

In other news, I officially reached the mommy milestone of being completed covered in throw up that did not belong to me. Don't get me wrong, I've been spit up on before... but this was full-on, legitimate throw up. Ryder was sick last week (not the flu... so I wasn't really prepared) and had been congested like crazy. He had just eaten lunch and we were sitting in the front room on the rug when he started coughing, choked on the phlegm in the back of his throat and then threw up his entire lunch all over himself, me, and the rug. We sat there in stunned silence for just a second and then he tried to keep playing as if nothing had happened. I then spent the next half hour stripping him down, taking off all my clothes, throwing him in the tub and then scrubbing the rug. So that was quite the experience and I can check that off my list of "mommy firsts".

Ryder's first birthday is just a week away and I can hardly believe it. My baby boy is growing up so fast and is becoming his own little, opinionated human being. But he's my human, and I love him. A year ago when I was preparing for Ryder man to become a part of our lives, I knew this would be a change, a huge transition in our lives.... but there's just no way to really understand it until it's actually happened. I am a different person because of him. I love having this little guy around with his cheesy grin and social personality. He keeps us laughing all day long. Despite occasional vomit and a messy house, I love being Ryder's mom and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: