Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pregnancy this time around


This picture is from when I was 11 weeks along, but as of Thursday I will officially be 14 weeks and in the second trimester! Party. Turns out that the second pregnancy is a little different than the first time around. First of all, chasing around a 1 1/2 year old is brought to a whole new level when you don't feel like dragging yourself off the couch. Pregnancy updates thus far:
  • The nausea is just starting to go away... it started around 6 weeks and was my constant companion for the first couple of weeks. Then, it seemed to just be the worse at night. Good and bad because that meant I had Chad home to help take care of Ryder man but also that I didn't feel like doing a single thing anytime that Chad was home. You can't always win.
  • My pants are all snug but I haven't had to bust out the bella band or a rubber band yet. I guess that's one of the good things about it taking me a while to lose the weight from baby #1... I have pants in varying sizes to accomodate my new growing waistline.
  • Depending on the shirt that I'm wearing, you may or may not be able to tell if I'm actually pregnant. Most of the time I just look chubby. Awesome.
  • Been totally craving salty things and sour gummy candies. Mostly sour gummy worms. I just want to eat them all the time.
  • Time seems to be passing so much faster. All of a sudden I can't believe we're already at the second trimester. With pregnancy #1 I think we just had so much time to think about it and wait, while this time the thought of having a baby AND Ryder just blows my mind a little and I think all the time we have left, the better.
  • Having no impressions on whether the baby is a boy or a girl. Chad talks big that it is going to be a boy but I think it is just to cover up the fear that it might be a girl and then he might have to learn how to watch Princess movies and play tea party some day.
That's it so far. I'm also really bad at documenting this time around. I think that picture is the only one I've taken so far. I totally get why it may appear that second children don't have nearly as much of their life documented.

No comments: