Tuesday, October 29, 2013
that one time Kenna got her wisdom teeth out
I feel like the second you start talking about wisdom teeth being removed, everyone has a story. There are just so many good wisdom teeth stories out there. You know, there was that one boy my Freshman year who got his out and his roommates parked him in the Helaman Halls lobby to entertain anybody who happened to be walking by with his rendition of the soldier boy dance. Then, my very good friend Erin who's mom loves to tell about driving Erin home after the procedure. Apparently, Erin had her eyes closed when she started to panic, yelling, "I'm blind, I'm blind!!" Once her mom reminded her that she just had her eyes closed, she opened them and was just fine. My own wisdom teeth removal was quite the emotional day. Apparently I cried. A lot. Pretty much all day... and I kept asking to see my once boyfriend but was then on a mission. Apparently I was a little inconsolable. See... wisdom teeth are good for something. They provide so many good stories for generations to come.
Last week, my own little sister got her wisdom teeth out and I was lucky enough to get to be her nurse for a couple of days. That meant Ryder man and I got to take her to her appointment, hang out in the waiting room for her to come out, and then drive her back to our house amidst her post-anesthesia craziness. For a little bit, it was even like I had 2 children to take care of. Trying to get Ryder man into his carseat while also getting a sobbing Kenna into the car took a little bit of juggling. Then I had to figure out how to drop off Kenna's prescription and get both of them down the stairs to our basement apartment without anybody falling. I tried to take Ryder man by himself and then come back for Kenna, but Ryder threw a fit that Kenna wasn't coming with us, so I ended up having to hold both of their hands down the stairs to get everyone inside.
At least the car ride home was full of laughs. Post anesthesia patients really are the best. After she stopped crying, she had a couple of hilarious comments about various topics that kept me laughing. On one corner she saw a man with no legs in a wheelchair. She started laughing hysterically and yelling, "he has no legs... that guy has no legs... what is he going to do?" Then when I told her that he was handicapped and in a wheelchair she got really sad and kept saying she was sorry. A few blocks from that conversation, she got really excited about all of the tractors in the construction zone we were driving through. She kept pointing them out to Ryder and making the accompanying sound effects. "Ryder... did you see that? Look, there's a tractor. A tractor! Woot Woot!". I was dying. And Ryder thought it was hilarious. Then, she gave me her philosophical opinion about life. "Alyse. You just need to do what you want to do. Don't let anybody tell you what to do. You just got to be like, You don't know me. I do what I want."
So thank you wisdom teeth. For the most part, you're a pain in the butt. But you do provide some good stories and for that I thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment