Monday, December 8, 2008

All I want for Christmas...

For the past couple of months, Chad has been talking about getting a new bike. Not only has he really started to love mountain biking (I know, starting to sound like my dad), but his old bike is starting to fall apart. It hasn't been the most conducive situation to mountain biking down rough and rocky trails. We've been starting to put aside money from our lucrative parking business during BYU Football games in the hopes of maybe being able to buy one in the next year or so. I was talking to my parents on the phone about Chad's hope to get a new bike pretty soon, and of course they jumped into action. The day before my family was about to drive up to Utah for Thanksgiving, my dad stopped by a bike store, found one he liked that he got a really good deal for, bought it, and brought it up to Utah from California.

I couldn't believe that my family had hopped into action so quickly, but I guess I should have known. My dad is excited beyond belief that his new son-in-law loves mountain biking as much as he does! So Chad got his beloved Christmas present at Thanksgiving and even got a few chances to break it in before it really started to snow in Provo. It's exciting to see how much he loves that bike. Now that it really is too cold to ride, everytime he stops and looks at his shiny new bike in our living room, he has to jump on it and ride around a little bit... inside. Merry Christmas Chad!

No comments: