Sunday, December 13, 2009

Clinical Closure.

My last day of clinical for this semester was on Thursday and I could not be happier. It's been a stressful semester, with high expectations and endless coursework. Clinical was both fun and overwhelming. We were let out on our own (with a supervising nurse of course) and expected to take care of real people and perform nursing skills that we've only practiced on mannequins and each other! It was a relief to finally be done with our beastly pre-assessments and biweekly drives to Murray. I learned so much this semester; it's amazing to see how far I came and how comfortable I became with taking care of real people. I'm starting to feel like a real nurse!

Even though I'm happy to be done, I am going to miss these girls! I was lucky to be placed with such a fun group of girls (and guy, we can't forget Clayton) who I got to know really well and love to be around. Until next semester, I'm done!

Alesa and I.... (Alesa and Alyse, I know, it was confusing. But she was an awesome clinical instructor, pretty much the best. It was worth it.)
The girls I carpooled with. Love them. We were a little bit giddy, can you tell?
Happy end of clinical!!! ...for now.

1 comment:

Willi Nixon said...

i know how you feel! i painted my nails the day i got home from my last day of clinic... thats my form of celebration!!