I know, it's a big claim to call one specific weekend "perfect", but it really was. Maybe it was part of the end-of-finals euphoria combined with a really awesome weekend, but it really did seem perfect.
Thursday night we had our white elephant Christmas party (as posted about below) and then I got to run over to my very favorite Melissa Alder's apartment to say goodbye. She is one of my very good friends in nursing school, one of those people who is always there for you, gives you words of encouragement when school is driving you crazy. Melissa is serving a mission in Germany and will report to the MTC in Marchand has decided to serve a mission. I'm going to miss this girl!
Friday was our first ski day of the season. With finals behind us, I took a day off of work and Chad had the day off so we headed up to Snowbird for an entire day of skiing/snowboarding. It was sunny for part of the day, but probably the greatest part was the lack of any lines for lifts. I think the longest we waited to get on a lift was about 30 seconds because that's how long it took me to shuffle with my board to the front of the line. Awesome. It makes for quite an enjoyable ski day. Chad's much faster than I am (I like to refer to myself as the "special needs snowboarder"), but he took an easy day and we enjoyed the entire day together. I'm bummed I didn't get any pictures of Chad going off a swee
t jump, but he's pretty much a ski pro.
At lunchtime, we just headed to our car (parked right next to the bottom of the slopes), turned on some Christmas music, and indulged in our packed lunch. It was a great little picnic
After a long day of skiing, we headed back home for a hot shower and a relaxing night at home. We went to this glorious establishment to pick up dinner,

we stopped by Red Box to pick up this movie (which wasn't great, but a perfect red box date night movie),
and then went to bed at 9:30 p.m. Awesome.Saturday morning, we got up early and went to this place,

On Sunday night, we were invited over to Eric and Sheryl's house for a faux-Thanksgiving dinner. It was delicious. We had deep-fried turkey for dinner and it was amazing.
Apparently Shane loved the chocolate cake.
Perfect weekends are awesome.
1 comment:
I feel honored to be featured on your blog :) Cute picture. I have to say I love the headband and have gotten many many compliments on it. You're the best, miss ya!
Post a Comment