Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Inventory

We love peanut butter at our house. I just never fully realized how much. This afternoon I was getting a snack together and it dawned on me that we have 4 jars of peanut butter. Yes, you heard me right, 4 jars of peanut butter!

What person has 4 open, functioning jars of peanut butter? Could we really need that much peanut butter? Apparently the answer is yes.

Chad has 2 jars for his exclusive use... one creamy and one crunchy. A peanut butter to fit every occasion.
I have a jar of baking peanut butter for those times when I need to bust out a batch of no bake cookies, thai peanut noodles, or peanut butter bon bons. I even had to label it "baking" and put it in my spice cupboard so Chad doesn't "accidentally" eat it if his is gone. We used to have all of the peanut butter in one cupboard, but after I had almost all of my baking jar of peanut butter eaten by the man of the house, I had to change things up a bit. You would have thought it was the ultimate betrayal when he found out. I believe his direct quote was, "How am I ever going to remember where my peanut butter is?" I told him he would learn to live with it.
Then we have a jar of peanut butter in the fridge. The real stuff. The kind you have to stir and then refrigerate. Its the best. Especially when spread on a banana first thing in the morning. It just hits the spot.
Apparently we need some kind of peanut butter intervention...

2 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Oh Alyse this made me laugh! My question for you is, what is different about the jar for baking?

Willi Nixon said...

Talk to Laci about peanut butter interventions... I had to have one with her about her special Texas peanut butter hoarding habits back in 2007. It was sad haha