On Sunday we woke up to a good 4-6 inches of snow. To say we were shocked would be a bit of an understatement. Especially because it had been so delightfully warm and 68 degrees the day before. I guess it all turned out well because it was a perfect day to cuddle up on the couch in a warm blanket and watch conference.
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
A delightful conference weekend.
I always love when conference weekend comes around. I love hearing the words of the general authorities. I also love that this is truly a weekend of rest and relaxation. In between Saturday sessions, we did run some errands, but most of the day was spent at home just enjoying the day.
On Sunday we woke up to a good 4-6 inches of snow. To say we were shocked would be a bit of an understatement. Especially because it had been so delightfully warm and 68 degrees the day before. I guess it all turned out well because it was a perfect day to cuddle up on the couch in a warm blanket and watch conference.




On Saturday, Chad requested cinnamon rolls for Sunday morning conference, so I busted out my trusty Pioneer Woman cookbook and made her famous cinnamon roll recipe. They were absolutely to die for. Especially right out of the oven, all gooey and warm. I got a little carried away and took a ton of pictures. They were just so beautiful to photograph!

... and then covered with the delicious maple frosting. It seeped down into all the crevices and really made these cinnamon rolls.




Yum! One more thing I love about conference is the chance that it gives you to spend time with family. Riley brought a posse of family-less freshman over to watch the Sunday afternoon session, and it was fun just to spend a little time with her. The girls came equipped with friendship bracelet making supplies and took over the couch for the session.
On Sunday we woke up to a good 4-6 inches of snow. To say we were shocked would be a bit of an understatement. Especially because it had been so delightfully warm and 68 degrees the day before. I guess it all turned out well because it was a perfect day to cuddle up on the couch in a warm blanket and watch conference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment