The shot of the baby is much cuter than me, but here's a belly shot just for kicks:

20 Weeks:
- I'm just barely starting to feel him every once in a while. I've been waiting for weeks to feel the little flutterings of life and they've finally arrived. Every once in a while, when I'm not expecting it, I will feel a little movement, butterflies... and it makes me smile that he wants to remind me that he's there.
- In the last week or so, my belly has just kind of popped out. It's still nothing to write home about, but it is definitely there! I guess its not such a bad thing that when I tell people that I'm pregnant, they seem surprised and then are like, "oh yeah, I see it now..."
- I have one pair of jeans that I can wear buttoned. Thank goodness for low-rise jeans.
- Chad and I have a hard time sharing the bed at night because with the pillow behind my back and the one between my legs, I tend to take up a little more room than normal. Apparently we should have got a king-sized bed when we had the chance.
- Overall, I've been handling the pregnancy thing pretty well. The only big complaint of late is that my pelvis feels so sore! I've gotten such bad lower abdominal pain and sometimes when I stand up it feels like my pelvic bone is going to burst into a million pieces. The OB said it's just the muscles stretching... hopefully that will go away soon!
- After working a 12 hour shift, I pretty much feel like collapsing from exhaustion. I sleep so soundly after a work shift that there have been a couple of times that my alarm will go off for half an hour before I am even slightly roused from sleep.
- My internal thermostat is out of control, one second I'm burning up, flushed, and sweating up a storm and then next I'm freezing! People were right when they said that your body does crazy things during pregnancy.
- I've got the urge to nest and have about a billion sewing projects I want to start working on... I just need to go find myself some fabric and get started!
- Chad is the sweetest husband I could have ever asked for. He's so kind and affectionate and when I'm so tired, emotional, and worn out, he loves me more.
2 comments:
Yay! You're past the half way mark, its all down hill from here. And I'm sorry to say, but the aches and pains and streching just seems to get worse the bigger that sweet baby gets. Keep enjoying the 2nd trimester while it lasts. The 3rd trimester is just full of all sorts of uncomfrotableness :( But then that cute nephew of mine will be here and it was all be worth it!!
How fun! You look great! I loved it when I started feeling kicks :)
Post a Comment