Thursday, March 8, 2012

A boy and his dad

One of my most favorite things in the whole world is to see these 2 boys together. Ryder loves spending time in Daddy's arms and Chad is completely in love with this little man. I love to hear Chad talk about all of the things he wants to teach his son when he grows up... mountain biking, working on cars, little league (although he does not really want this one to progress as he does not really enjoy watching baseball), playing hockey, belching (they already work on this one together, playing in the dirt, hiking, how to treat girls right, how to tie a tie, etc. It melts my heart.

I'm lucky that Chad is one of those dads who is there every second of the way and views child rearing as very much a team effort. He holds Ryder close and rocks him to sleep. He loves to burp him halfway through feedings and talks to him about "manly things". He changes diapers like the best of them. My favorite comment from the week was...

"when I change his diaper, I feel like I'm a member of a pit crew. It's all about getting things done as quickly as humanly possible. Every second counts."

How lucky I am to have this husband of mine, to love and take care of this little man of ours right alongside me. I couldn't ask for more... except maybe to get a consecutive 6 hours of sleep. That sounds heavenly right about now.

No comments: