Monday, March 19, 2012

March Madness

March madness is upon us, which means lots of basketball on at our house. In order to celebrate the overload of basketball, we have a running bracket competition for exclusive bragging rights in the Bennett Home and one against the Brandleys. Winner in the Bennett-Brandley bracket contest gets a scrumptious dinner cooked by the losing team. Last year the Brandleys cooked delicious curry, so we're hoping for a second win! Ryder helped me pick out teams on my bracket and so far we're not doing too bad!Ryder has been loving all the basketball and even got in the spirit for the BYU game last week by dressing up in his BYU onesie.
... let's just say he wasn't happy about the outcome of the game.
The other madness in our life is that as of Saturday, March 17th I had to go back to work. That's right... 6 1/2 weeks off and now its time to go back to reality. This time, with a baby. Upon returning, I switched to the day shift and am now part time which means I only work 2 shifts a week now: Saturday and Sunday. It was a long weekend... over the course of two days, I worked 25 hours and slept 10. Last night after work I came home and completely crashed.

Although it was hard to go back, we do have a good setup which made things a lot easier. On Saturdays, I work from 6-6 and Chad works from 12-9. Chad watched Ryder in the morning and then his awesome sister Kimber watched him until 7 when I could pick him up. As for Sunday, it will now be the official 'man day'... a day of 1-on-1,father-son time. Chad did great taking care of him solo for the entire day! I came home to a sleeping baby, a home-cooked meal, and a big hug. Hopefully this routine will work for now and Ryder won't mind too much that he has a working mommy. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Kimber Probst said...

Two recent shout out on the Bennett blog? I feel so popular!