Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sick!

For the past couple of days, Chad has been really sick and nobody can tell him what's wrong with him! On Saturday afternoon, Chad called me at around 3:00 p.m. and said he was coming home because he had a terrible stomach ache. I think the exact phrase he used was, "It feels like there is a knife in my stomach... sharp, shooting pain". I was suprised, Chad is not the kind of guy to just ditch work for fun, or even for a little pain, so I knew he meant business. He came home, took some pepto bismol, curled up in a ball, and then slept for an hour. He woke up fine, and didn't feel bad again until sunday.

On Sunday the pain came back, but he was teaching Sunday School so he couldn't really ditch out on church. Luckily, it only hurt for a couple of hours and then went away again. Sunday night, we did some online investigating to see what his illness could be, and narrowed it down to: food poisoning, pancreas trouble, gallstones, appendicitis, or diverticulitis. We hoped it would just kind of go away, but it decided to come back with a vengeance. Monday morning it got to the point that it was time to visit the BYU Health Center. The doctor's diagnosis was a possible stomach ulcer and gave him some medication to take.

It's been so bizarre, he has been a lethargic zombie walking around the house and then feeling shooting pains in his abdomen off and on for the past 3 days. He's at the health center again, but this time they did some bloodwork, so now we just need to wait and see what they say. I feel so helpless... I can't even be there with him because I have to be at work. Hopefully they will figure out what's wrong with him sometime soon!

2 comments:

Goodwin Family said...

Poor Chady! You are right, he is a tough guy and a hard worker so he must really be in pain! I hope you can get it figured out so he can start feeling better and we can have a fun weekend!

Michelle Michel said...

Oh my goodness...Michael had the SAME thing the first month we were married...it sounded the exact same!! Weird! Then he got it again last month...it WAS apenicitis! You might want to double check! It could be scary if it ruptures!