
The best time of the day for an awesome wakeboarding experience is first thing in the morning. Almost every day we were up at 6:30 and at the lake by 7:15 to take advantage of the glassy water and lack of tons of other boats. Lucky for us, the temperature of the lake water was always warmer than the air outside in the early mornings, so there was lots of motivation to wakeboard. Chad was worried, prior to this trip, that his hiatus from wakeboarding (about 3 years because of the mish) would mean a rocky trip for him, but he astounded us all and was amazing! He even cleared the wake completely about 2-3 times. What a stud!
This is my dad, he's kind of awesome at this whole wakeboarding thing...

Normally, my dad is hte designated boat driver, however when it is his turn to wakeboard, someone else has to take the wheel. Chad happily took control and turned out to be an awesome boat driver!
I'm slowly improving my own wakeboarding skills and can now do some pretty decent jumping. Next time, hopefully, I will be able to clear the wake!

Chad likes to jump!


The other fun thing we learned how to do this trip was wakesurfing! You ride on a short surf board right behind the boat, using the wake to propel you. It's a funny sight for all the other boats around us because we had to load EVERYONE into the far back corner of the boat in order to get enough weight for a sweet wave on the side of the wake. I had a hard time when I was first trying to get the hang of it because the rope is very short and you are very close to the boat while you are riding. A couple of times, I was worried I was going to fall and hit the swim deck, but it's tons of fun!
Wakesurfing... (everyone said that I always stuck my tongue out while I was trying to focus)

...and then wiping out.

Happy boating day.

No comments:
Post a Comment