Monday, August 4, 2008

South Fork Canyon: Camping!

Friday after work, Chad and I jumped into the truck with our new Wedding-gift-camping-gear and our bikes and headed up to South Fork Canyon. After unloading the truck, we set up camp in this beautiful little hide-away spot by the river, it was beautiful. It was nice to be out and away from everything else. The only thing we could hear was the happy babbling sounds of the little stream and the rustling of trees.

We explored the little stream for a little bit, and I even fell in a little bit, getting my shoes soaking wet.
I decided to challenge chad to a boat racing competition, this was my boat:
Chad's boat (a folded paper trash bag) and my little raft raced down the river. Unfortunately, my raft got caught on the rock in the middle and Chad's made it to the dam first. Oh well, it was a valiant effort.
Our tent was only a couple of feet from the stream; it was like having one of those sound machines to help put you to sleep. We slept almost ten hours it was so peaceful!

The next morning we slept in before getting up to pack up all the camping gear and then heading out onto the bike trail. Chad has been a regular of this tucked away, little trail after a friend took him here once, but this was my second time. The trail is mostly about shoulder-width apart and winds back and forth across the river on small, wooden bridges. For the first twenty-five minutes, it is all uphill and quite a workout I must say, but I love it. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous with tall trees growing up on either side of the trail, keeping it mostly shaded, a happy little stream, and butterflies everywhere.


Chad in his sweet biking jersey... my sexy husband.

The little stream in the background... loved it.
The happy, biking couple.


At one point towards the end of the ride, as you are beginning to go back down, the trail opens into a huge meadow. I seriously felt like we were in the Sound of Music. In honor of the moment, I went frolicking about in the meadow:
Dandelion: make a wish!

It was such a fun little trip out in the wilderness for a weekend! The weather was beautiful, the scenery couldn't have been more pretty, and the biking was awesome. Another fun weekend for the Bennett family...

No comments: