Last weekend was stake conference and we had the unique opportunity to have the oldest living general authority come and speak for both the Saturday and Sunday sessions! I couldn't believe it when they announced a couple of weeks ago that we were having an apostle come and speak at our stake conference. What a blessing.I can now tell everyone that I absolutely love Elder L. Tom Perry. It was an amazing experience to listen to his insights and get to know him more as just a normal person. During the Saturday night session he got up and said, "Alright brothers and sisters, I just want to update all of you on the current score... we've had 9 brothers get up with crying babies so far and only 7 sisters. This is exactly the way it should be." All throughout his talk, he cracked jokes and had the entire congregation laughing. Sunday morning was much the same, and I was really impressed by the message he had come to share with our married student stake.
He talked all about the importance being united as one in our marriage and not being afraid to take chances, to actually live our lives. He told stories about his own marriage and how important it is to do the little things every day to show your spouse how much you love them. It's important to establish traditions and quirky little routines because that defines our relationship and gives it life. Now is the time for us to live our lives, we can't always be planning for the next big thing because we will miss out on what is happening now.
I am grateful for the opportunity we had to listen to one of the apostles of the Lord and I know that what he had to say was true. He knows where we are now because he's been here himself, and he only says those things the Lord wants us to know.
No comments:
Post a Comment