Saturday March 14, 2009 was the annual Rex Lee Run at BYU. Spur of the moment on Wednesday, I decided that I really wanted to run in the 10k. I was really nervous, I've never run a 10k before in an actual race, but I wanted to do it. There were a couple of girls from my semester in the nursing program who were running it too (pictured below), so I was glad for a little bit of moral support. The morning started out freezing (I couldn't feel my fingers and toes for the first two miles), but then it became a beautiful day. Good news: I finished my first 10k in 49:50!!! I was all sorts of excited, and I feel like I was really able to accomplish something significant on Saturday.
Nicole, Marissa, and I

Chad came at the end of the race to cheer me on. I'm glad he did, it was nice to have someone cheering me on at the finish line.

This was my epic finish (I'm the one in the black jacket, not the girl waving her arms like a crazy person)

By the end of the race, I decided that I want to run a half marathon now. It would basically be like running the 10k twice, and I really think I could do it. I'm trying to talk Chad into training with me this summer and then running it with me in August. We'll have to see how persuasive I am....
1 comment:
i find the most entertaining part of this post to be how different it was to my post about the rex lee run
Post a Comment