Monday, April 12, 2010

It's a sign

Dear Chad,
On Saturday afternoon, the sun was shining and the grass was green so I decided to prepare my relief society lesson in my swim suit, laying on a blanket in the backyard. It was the perfect opportunity for tanning. While I was flipping through the teaching manual, I heard a soft noise behind me and then a tabby cat was standing right next to me, looking at me curiously. He sat down on my blanket and curled up in a tight little ball. I know we've talked about this love... about me wanting a dog or a cat to take care of, well here's a sign! We have a tabby cat volunteering for the family!

As I got up to go inside and get a drink of water, the tabby cat stood up, stretched, and followed right behind me like it was the most natural thing in the world. While I was inside the house, the cat stood at the back door and waited for me. Of course I had to take a few pictures to prove to to you that we are destined to have a pet.
He then proceeded to curl up on the stone steps in the backyard, just making himself comfortable.I tried to go back to my lesson, but he decided to join in on the fun and I was far too distracted to actually prepare.
As you can see Chad, it is quite undeniably clear that we are meant to adopt a cat or a dog into the family. I know Roger said he was allergic, but I promise that we can cover up the door leading to the basement and no hair will get down into his part of the house to bother him. Maybe that just means we should get a dog. Either way, it's destiny! I love you. Hope you were persuaded.
-Your Wife

3 comments:

Jacie Saltzman said...

do it do it doooo itt!!! thats a good looking cat right there

Willi Nixon said...

haha i'm with roger. no pets allowed! hey let me know if your gums are still bugging you after 3 days of nsaids!

Tati Smith said...

that is so cute! i lovveee it.