Thursday, March 31, 2011

Breakfast for Dinner

Last week while we were watching the BYU game with the Brandleys (yeah, the one that didn't go over too well in overtime), we decided to whip up some breakfast for dinner.

Fruit was involved...both strawberries & blueberries...
and then a big pan of Swedish pancakes. Yum. (side note: I know some people call these German pancakes, but in our house growing up they were Swedish pancakes. We have Swedish heritage, so apparently we wanted our ancestors to get credit for this wonderful breakfast delight...)
But unlike your average breakfast, I wanted to try something a little different. A fruit shake. With spinach. I know it sounds a little bit granola, but it was quite tasty! I've seen a couple of blogs with a similar spinach smoothie concoction and I've been wanting to try it! I got the recipe from here and I would definitely recommend it. It really did taste just like a fruit shake!

I told Chad, Mark, and Laci that they all had to at least try a sip before they passed judgment on this very GREEN smoothie. Chad, Mark, and I all enjoyed the experience and finished the whole thing! Laci, on the other hand needed a little more coaxing and convincing.

1 comment:

Jacie Saltzman said...

i love spinach smoothies!! but i like wheat grass, sooooo maybe i just love all things granola...