I've spent a lot of time laying on the couch. Seriously, I don't think I've ever watched so much TV or movies. It has broadened my horizons in terms of shows I enjoy watching on cable; although I still enjoy Iron Chef America, Chopped, and Project Runway, I'm also a new fan of Storage Wars, Pawn Stars, and Toddlers & Tiaras.
This is me at 9 weeks. Not too much to show yet, but getting there...

I think the hardest part so far has been that I feel so unlike myself. I hate to admit it, but I think I'm one of those people who measure my success based on what I accomplish. The last month and a half, I haven't actually accomplished much during my days, I drag myself through work, don't feel like cooking a thing, lay on the couch for a couple of hours a day, and my 6 days a week/ 60-90 minute workouts have become seriously lame. It took me a couple weeks and lots of encouragement from Chad to realize that growing a baby IS the accomplishment I'm working on.
The other hard part is this whole 'getting fat' business without the actual baby bump to show. I am now officially down to 3 pairs of capris and 1 pair of jeans. That's it. According to my mom, I have Eastman genes from her side of the family. Direct quote:
"We show early and we show everywhere."
Perfect. I even pulled out my scrubs from high school last night (today was my clinical orientation day at work... I finally got to wear scrubs I wanted to wear instead of my BYU white top and navy pants ensemble) and I only fit into two pairs. The solution? Chad made me go shopping for some new clothes last night and I got some more roomy shirts and flowy/stretchy skirts. It's time to embrace this new look I'll be sporting for the next 6 months!
Even though it's been hard with the nausea and feeling fat, when I imagine that in 6 months we will actually have someone small enough to fit in this little onesie, it makes it all worth it. It still all seems a little unreal, getting ready to be a mom, but I could not be more excited. And if I'm excited, Chad is nothing less than ecstatic. He's going to be such an amazing dad for this little alien growing inside me.
That's about it for now... a belly picture coming soon!
5 comments:
Alyse! You are too cute! Isn't it the best when its not a secret anymore? I loved loved loved seeing you at kelsey's wedding and chatting about pregnancy etc. Getting fat is not fun at all, but seriously once you have that baby in your arms (even when you just feel it kicking inside) you won't even care. It is all so so so worth it!
Hey Alyse- I am so excited for you! I went shopping for maternity clothes last August at Motherhood Maternity which was great because they were selling winter clothes really cheap (they said the prices would go back up in September/October)- so now is probably a good time to buy that stuff, even if you really don't need it yet. These little buggers are so worth it though! You and Chad are going to be such awesome parents!
Alyse!! I am SO SO SO happy for you guys! Congrats! What exciting news! Love it!!
--Shelby
I am so excited for you Alyse! It is so fun being pregnant. I am now 17 weeks along and things get better, trust me. Second trimester is the best. The Nausea for me went away and I have lots more energy to make dinner, clean the house, etc. Our little ones will be very close in age. Are you finding out the sex? We find out next week. yay! If you are, I am anxious to hear the news!
You look so pretty in your pictures! You are so welcome to borrow any of my maternity clothes (who knows if I'll ever need them again?) And I'm so jealous you never threw up. But you look adorable and I'm so excited for my little niece/nephew!
Post a Comment