Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy last week of JUNE!

I'm going to rewind to the last week of June because it was a great week for the Bennett family. First of all, June 26th was Chad's birthday... he turned 22! In honor of it being HIS birthday, Chad decided we were going to Tucanos for dinner. Neither of us has ever been there, but it was DELICIOUS. Chad loved all the meat, and made me try every different kind although I would have been content with eating just the grilled pineapple all night. I was so sick for the next 24 hours from the meat overload, but it was so good I couldn't help it.


I made Chad a spice cake for his birthday and even got to use one of my new cake plates! (hooray for wedding presents) He got caught on camera swiping a bit of the maple frosting before he blew the candles out.
Among the birthday gifts, Chad got new bike shorts (from me) and a bike jersey (from my Dad). He loved the shorts... no more monkey butt.

The second big, exciting event: I GOT ACCEPTED INTO THE BYU NURSING PROGRAM! I found out on Saturday via email that I had been accepted and then received my information packet the following tuesday or wednesday. I still can't believe I got accepted the first time (there is a legendary 25% acceptance rate) but I can't wait to start classes in the fall!

This was my face after I opened the packet and found that it is approximately 40 pages long! Apparently there is a lot to do to prepare to start classes in the fall.

3 comments:

Michelle Michel said...

Hey Friend! Hurray for blogs! You have to add Michael and I!

www.mmfamilyfun.blogspot.com!!

Love you!

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ali said...

Alyse!! you blog that makes me happy, lol my sister in law got me into it.
Congrats on getting into the nursing program, Thats so exciting!! and you two look so happy together I just love it!!