Last weekend I had the opportunity to go HOME to good ol' CALIFORNIA for 2 1/2 days.
On Saturday afternoon, we all went to Luke's baseball game to watch him play. My dad said it was probably his best game all season (why wouldn't it be, he had the largest cheering section in the stands). Here he is getting ready to hit the ball:







On Saturday night, we went out to dinner at one of our family's favorite restaraunts (Baja Fish Taco) and I got to meet up with my best friend from High School: Sofia Jentsch! Unfortunately I was so excited to see her and hang out with her that night, I spazzed and forgot to take a picture with one of my favorite people. Next time.
... and then hitting a double! Way to go Lukie!!!
Meet Sasha. This is my family's new dog (they adopted her in February) who has become a part of my family since I've been gone. You may ask if I have been replaced... and the answer is sadly, yes. She came to the game with us on Saturday because apparently we're a dog family now so we do things like bring our dog to the baseball park on Saturday.
Luke and I at his baseball game. His dumb coaches wouldn't let him come out of the dugout for a picture because apparently "he's playing a game right now, don't get him out of his zone" (he was on the bench that inning). Silly dads coaching little league baseball get so involved with the game.
Riley, McKenna, and I all drove up to visit Grandma Jane in Irvine and then worked on our Mother's Day gift to mom...
"Mom. All the ways we love you..."
While I was there, we also drove up to Newport Beach and visited Grandpa George.
This is my dad playing with Sasha... who ever thought he would become a dog person? Anyone who knows my dad must be as shocked as I am. I still can't believe it.
Love my mom. Happy Mother's day!
McKenna was a little tired...
But the dog was as graceful as promised.
And then I had to go home. Luke came to the airport with my parents to drop me off. Although I was a little sad to be leaving my family and the beautiful Southern California, coming back to Utah was actually quite a relief. After this quick, little 2-day trip to Cali, I realized that even though I love California, I love Chad more and California is not the same without him. I love that boy, and was happy to be back with him in Utah.
No comments:
Post a Comment