Thursday, May 7, 2009

Save the Trees

News Headline: Yet Another Stick Found and Recovered from Accident Site!

Last Wednesday, the odyssey of the stick-in-arm mountain biking accident was continued in the BYU Student Health Center during a second, minor in-office surgery. The first stick was removed at the beginning of February, and although pain had subsided slightly, there was still an uncomfortable lump refusing to disappear. The doctor thought it could be more of the initial foreign body and recommended a second surgery to remove it. Sure enough, after twenty minutes of digging around my arm, a second 1" stick was located and promptly removed from its 4 month residence.

Hopefully, this was the last piece and it will heal over correctly and be perfect. The doctor was not entirely reassuring with his statement: "Well, I wish I could promise you that I'm 100% positive I got everything out, but I can't. I found everything I could and we might just need to wait and see if any more moves closer to the surface. Sorry." Great. Fantastic. I just love sticks in my arm, how did you know?

I'll keep you updated... but for now, everyone just try to SAVE THE TREES. They do not belong inside of human bodies.


No comments: