This is my wallet.

On Monday night I experienced a miracle. Yes that's right, a miracle. I left campus at approximately 6:45 p.m. and drove home. I made dinner and studied for a few hours before I decided to get all my stuff together for Tuesday. After putting in my binders & books, I rifled through looking for my wallet. It wasn't in the same front pocket where I normally put it, so I looked in my purse thinking maybe I had moved it. When I couldn't find it in my purse or backpack I started to get a little panicked. I checked the car, but my wallet was nowhere to be found. Needless to say, I was pretty much freaking out.
The only other place I could think to look was the parking lot where I park for school. By this time it was 10:30 p.m., almost 4 hours after I had left the parking lot, but I was out of ideas. I drove up to the parking lot and sure enough, my wallet was sitting on the ground right by where I had parked with about an inch of snow on top. I jumped out of my car, grabbed my wallet, and inspected it carefully. Everything was there! All of my credit cards, cash, and cards were all there! I was counting my blessings that I go to BYU where I lost my wallet for 4 hours out in public and when I came back, it was still there with all of its contents intact. Amazing.
In the process of recovering my wallet, all of the contents were soaked through after being snowed on. Naturally, I had to pull everything out and let it dry. In the process, I discovered a long lost gift.
There it is, just sticking out....

Isn't my mom the greatest? (I called my Mom to thank her profusely and she said that she put it in there at Thanksgiving!) It was a wonderful surprise.

Moral of the story: even when something seems quite unfortunate, sometimes its just because you need to witness a miracle and even gain a few blessings.
2 comments:
Cool story!!
i'm glad i was there when you discovered your mom's little gift to you. i love the simple pleasures in bad situations!
Post a Comment