Monday, October 25, 2010

Gym Fail

The gym and I have a very close relationship. We see each other on a daily basis. Sometimes, these meetings are at very early hours of the morning; approximately three times a week these meetings happen at 5:30 a.m, before I even see my husband. On the other days of the week, it is sporadic meetings at Turbo Kick Boxing classes, lift classes, spin classes, or a jog outside. Sundays, we take a break, but bright and early (or dark and freezing in the winter) Monday morning it's back to the stair stepper or treadmill.

This morning was a Monday morning like any other. My alarm rang at 5:00 a.m. (a little early because I had to be on campus at 7:30 a.m. for a nursing conference) and I was up, dressed, and out the door by 5:08 a.m. I seriously have this roll out of bed-and out the door thing down to a science. I drove over to 24 Hour Fitness and found, to my dismay, that all of the lights were off. In fact, all of the lights were off in every building in the area. Turns out the power was out for a time last night and in my auto-pilot drive to the gym, I hadn't noticed until I arrived. Gym Fail.

Even after getting up early to work out, I was foiled and forced to go home and crawl back in bed for an hour. Okay, overall not the worst thing in the world. Who knew how much I really do love those early morning meetings with good ol' 24 Hour Fitness? There's always tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tati Smith said...

wish we had memberships to the same gym so that you could get me up that early to go! sure love you.

Meghan said...

Had you been up with a hungry baby at 3:00 in the morning you would have known this :) You are so awesome for going to the gym that early each morning!