Right now I think we've got our stroller decision narrowed down to 3 options. They all vary in price & features, we're just trying to decide what fits us best right now. Clearly I have already selected the color that I want, it's black and grey no matter which one we pick...
1. Chicco Cortina Keyfit Travel System
2. The BOB, it has an attachment for a carseat.
3. The Baby Trend Expedition Travel System

7 comments:
Bob all the way!!! I'm pretty sure you can get the chicco carseat to go with the new ones. we have a graco snugride 35 in flint (black and grey) that we use with ours. i promise you will love love love love the bob.
ok, one more thing. They are so expensive. and the bummer thing is you will want to buy the carseat adapter and then really you'll need the handlebar console too, and so it all adds up. i was skeptical of it being worth the money but i would do it over and over again in a heartbeat (granted i didn't run out of money first.... haha). and we just took our baby for a jog in 8 inches of snow and the stroller handled it soo easily!
We have the Chicco Cortina and LOVE it. It is seriously super easy to use. It snaps in and out of the car and stroller so easily, it's amazing. I love the stroller - such an easy fold up and gets relatively small. It's also pretty light and easy for me to carry around. It's easy to maneuver and isn't too bulky at all. The carseat gets some of the highest safety reviews around. The carseat is also relatively light. The handle is also slightly flat at parts which makes it great for holding in the crook of your arm without it being painful
Overall, we love the Chicco and would highly reccommend it.
I have the Chicco travel system and I love it, but I have to say if you are going to run get the BOB. You'll love it. But I second all the things Heidi said about the Chicco system, it is great. s
We have the Chicco travel system and I LOVE it as well and also highly recommend it. Having said that, here are a few things:
- My favorite part about it is the carseat. I won't ever buy any other car seat. I love it that much. It has the highest safety ratings. It is super easy to use. The handle is comfortable to hold in the crook of your arm (which you will do a lot). The material holds up well. Ethan was able to be in it until he was 13 months old (we had the 30 lb one which I would totally get). The carseat is just amazing and is hands-down worth the money.
- I like the stroller. It is lightweight and it is easy to use. It's super easy to use on everyday outings and I love that the carseat fits into it easily. It was easy to keep Ethan sleeping when we were on outings. Just easy to move from car to stroller, back to car.
- If you are going to run/walk a lot, I would totally get a jogger. The only problem with the Chicco car seat is that it fits into things differently. That is, it doesn't fit onto a shopping cart or many other strollers. So, I've heard great things about a BOB (and would love to get one when we have 2 kids), but make sure it will fit the Chicco car seat.
-Another thought that I've had is that I love our stroller set up, but once we have two kids, it just won't work as well and we'll need another stroller. I run a lot with Ethan, and I want the flexibility to run with two kids as well. So, I'm thinking it might be worth considering buying a cheap jogger now and saving up for the double BOB jogger when you have two kids.
- Also, with a jogger, if your purpose is for running, you really don't need the carseat adapter. Babies are big enough to sit in it normally once they're a few months old, and I wasn't running before that point. Maybe you're superwoman, but that was me.
- One thing I do love about the Chicco stroller is that it fits the carseat so well! I just keep it in our trunk, and it is SO SO easy to use when we go on outings. So, if you want a good stroller to just take a baby, I'd say go with the Chicco stroller.
I've now written a book about strollers... Kudos if you read it all :) All in all, I think I'd buy the Chicco travel system and buy a cheap used jogger for running until kid #2 when you'll want a double anyways.
Good luck!! :)
I have a chicco stroller/car seat i'm selling...the exact one in the photo but honestly if I could do it all over again...BOB...Chicco is nice, light weight and looks good but I feel you will get more for your money with a bob...its a jogger and a stroller. You won't have to buy both! But lmk if you want to look at or buy chicco from me. I only used it w chloe.
I didn't read your friend Meghan's post but I agree with the above. THe only thing I hate is it's not compatible with very many other options...Idk if it works with the BOB...you may want to check that out before you purchase bob and or car seat. I LOVE that it's light weight. My new one is soo heavy and Drake is only 7lbs. YIKES, good luck. I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment