The last couple of days I've spent a lot of time thinking about how fast my life has changed in the last few years. I've graduated from high school, moved to Utah, started college, started in a nationally-acclaimed nursing program, been married for one year... big changes in my life. Along with all of these big changes, I've started to become very active; exercise has become a huge part of my life. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I was a couch potato in high school or anything, but I simply went to the gym a couple of times a week and then ran every once in a while. However, when I started college I found a real passion for gym attendance, yoga, step cardio fusion (class offered on campus), running, mountain biking, turbo kick box (TKB), etc. Just this week alone, this has been my exercise schedule:
Monday: 50 min. of cardio + 1 hour 24 S.E.T. class (strength endurance training)
Tuesday: 6 mile run+ 1 hour of yoga
Wednesday: 45 min. of cardio+ 45 minutes of Everlast Shadow Boxing + 15 min amp'd abs (class offered at 24 Hour Fitness)
Thursday: 6 mile run + 1 hour of mountain biking with the hubby.
Friday: 45 min. of cardio + 1 hour TKB
I promise, I'm not obsessed, but I absolutely LOVE the feeling that exercise gives my body. I love pushing my body farther than I think it can go and overcoming the inhibitions my mind creates. I love the freedom it gives me to do whatever I want to do, to be able to "run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint".
But now that I have become so active, I have begun to really appreciate the far-reaching effects it has on my life. Exercise is the key to staying healthy, to aging well, to being happy... it is the answer to a lot of problems our world is plagued with: obesity, depression, and the growing numbers of lifestyle diseases that is overloading our health care system. Being active will always be a part of my life. Exercise and being outside is the way that Chad and I love spending time together and will only have a positive influence in our future family. Anyways, these are my thoughts on the topic. Exercise is good.
2 comments:
you sound like a nursing student...
wooooow this is pretty much amazing. i want to be like you
Post a Comment