Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lysol gone wrong

You would think that the concept of Lysol is pretty self explanatory. "Disinfect to Protect", need I say more? For family night this week, Chad decided that we absolutely needed to have chocolate cake, so we whipped some up and put it in the oven to bake. In the meantime, we finished the stack of dishes in the sink and set about cleaning the kitchen counters. I was standing next to the sink, drying the last couple of dishes when I look over at Chad. He was poised and ready to spray down the counter when I noticed that instead of a bottle of soapy goodness called Lysol, he has in hand the canister of Pam we had just used to spray the bundt cake pan. I looked at it, looked at the counter, looked at him, and did nothing. About 6 seconds later when the entire counter had been thoroughly covered with a thin layer of Pam, it clicked in my head that something was not right and I posed the question: "what are you doing?" He stopped, looked at me, and said: "What am I doing?!"

It was pretty much the funniest thing I've ever seen (after having to clean up the oil-covered kitchen countertop). It was one of those out-of-mind experiences when you accidentally put the milk back in the cupboard and the cereal box in the fridge. But instead of experiencing this myself, I got to watch it happen. Hilarious. You gotta love husbands. Moral of the story: Lysol is an acceptable household countertop cleaner and Pam is not. The end.

2 comments:

Jacie Saltzman said...

bahah i love it. that stuff is a flammable as well. couldve lit your counter on fire!! awesome!

Willi Nixon said...

oooooh my gosh. this post alone pretty much sums up the only reason i wish i was married.